Advice on how to help the ambulance locate you – also some things you could do today which will help us if we ever have to respond to your address.
There are a number of things that you can do to help us find you quickly:
- Stay with the patient until the ambulance crew arrives and call back if their condition or location changes
- Get someone to alert the ambulance crew by opening the doors and signaling where they are required, if possible turn on car hazard lights outside the location or driveway
- If dark, turn all your house lights on and pull back the curtains if location is not obvious try to place a torch at the end of the drive
- Lock away all family pets
There are also a number of things that you can do today to help ambulances crews in your area:
- Check that your house number or name is clearly visible from the roadside – this is the cause of many delays.
- Finally, if you belong to the Data-Link system (medical details in film container in your fridge), always keep it up to date. To find out more about Data-Link, contact your local Neighbourhood Watch scheme