Did you know that out of all of the 999 calls we receive, only a
small number of patients require a visit to hospital. Here at
SECAmb we recognise that, for a lot of people, a trip to A&E
can be a daunting prospect.
This is why we are committed to providing the right care, first
time to all of our patients.
We do this by offering a range of treatment options depending on
the severity of each situation. Our call centre staff are trained
to assess patients over the phone and send out the most appropriate
response which meets the needs of the patient.
This can include:
- An emergency ambulance response for life-threatening
- A Critical Care Paramedic who can provide treatment on scene
for the critically injured e.g. a car accident
- A Paramedic Practitioner who can provide treatment in the home
for minor injuries caused by falls or burns
- Clinical advice provided over the phone by a nurse or paramedic
- We also work with our partners to provide referrals to a GP,
Community Nurse or Mental Health Team
All of this means that each patient receives the care they need
and we can reduce the number of visits to hospital giving our
patients the best possible experience during what is usually an
upsetting and emotional time.
In this section you can also find some useful first aid advice
and find out about the many ways we work with the public to save
many more lives.